A palace is a grand residence, but especially a royal residence. The word itself is derived from Palatine Hill, one of the seven hills in Rome. The English Palaces Tour visits 3 great English Palaces, each unique with its own history, architecture, and modern day function.
Chauffeur Driven Tour of English Palaces
Chauffeur driven tours are a luxurious but affordable solution to sightseeing in style. We take you away from the crowded streets and buses on an intimate tour in a private vehicle, guided by your professional chauffeur, who gives you personal attention and courtesy throughout the experience, including hotel pick up/drop off and numerous photo opportunities, and of course a chance to savour each location at a more leisurely and intimate pace. Make no mistake, there is no better way to travel!
• Entrance fees Included in the booking price
• Luxury Vehicle 4 person limit per luxury vehicle
• Dress Wear comfortable shoes and clothing
• Weather Tour takes place rain or shine
English Palaces Tour Itinerary
• Buckingham Palace Buckingham Palace is the official London residence and principal workplace of the British monarch. The State Rooms, The Royal Mews, and The Queens Gallery are all open to the public
• Blenheim Palace A UNESCO Word Heritage Site, birthplace of Sir Winston Churchill, the monumental stately home is unique in its combined usage as a family home, mausoleum and national monument.
• Hampton Court Palace A tudor palace lived in by the Royal family since the 18th century, its beautiful architecture, pristine landscaped gardens, and the tudor apartment of Henry VIII mean this is one of the most visited Palaces in England
The State Rooms including the special exhibition Diamonds: A Jubilee Celebration
30 June - 8 July and 31 July - 7 October 2012, 09:45-18:30 (last admission 16:00). A typical visit lasts between 2 and 2½ hours
The Royal Mews
1 April - 31 October 2012 Open daily 10:00-17:00 (last admission 16:15)
1 November - 21 December 2012 Monday to Saturday 0:00-16:00 (last admission 15:15)
A typical visit lasts 1 hour.
The Queen's Gallery
Open daily, 10:00-17:30 (last admission 16:30)
(31 July – 7 October open from 09:45)
A typical visit lasts between 1 and 1½ hours.
The Queen's Gallery is closed 8 October - 1 November 2012, 25-26 December 2012
Saturday 11 February to Sunday 4 November open daily
Wednesday 7 November to Friday 14 December, open Wednesday to Sunday inclusive
Palace open daily from 10:30am to 5:30pm