Stonehenge is perhaps the most famous prehistoric monument in the world, and to this day is shrouded in mystery. The heart of a complex network of 5000 year old neolithic monuments scattered throughout the English countryside, Stonehenge was produced by a culture that left no written records. Many aspects of Stonehenge remain subject to debate. This multiplicity of theories, some of them very colourful, are often called the "mystery of Stonehenge". Along with Avebury and Silbury Hill, Stonehenge forms a UNESCO World Heritage Site worthy of your consideration.
Chauffeur Driven Tour of Stonehenge and Stone Circles
Chauffeur driven tours are a luxurious but affordable solution to sightseeing in style. We take you away from the crowded streets and buses on an intimate tour in a private vehicle, guided by your professional chauffeur, who gives you personal attention and courtesy throughout the experience, including hotel pick up/drop off and numerous photo opportunities, and of course a chance to savour each location at a more leisurely and intimate pace. Make no mistake, there is no better way to travel!
• Entrance fees All fees are included in booking price
• Luxury Vehicle 4 person limit per luxury vehicle
• Weather Tour runs rain or shine
• Dress Wear warm clothes and comfortable shoes
Stonehenge and Stone Circles Tour Itinerary
• Stonehenge Visit the stones and learn about their history and the myths and magic surrounding this 5000 year old monument
• Silbury Hill The tallest prehistoric human-made mound in Europe, and one of the largest in the world; it is similar in size to some of the smaller Egyptian pyramids of the Giza Necropolis. Its original purpose however, is still highly debated
• Avebury Avebury contains the largest stone circle in Europe, and is one of the best known prehistoric sites in Britain.
• Marlborough This charming Wiltshire town is the final resting place of the world's greatest wizard, Merlin
• Crop Circle Country Is it any coincidence that Stonehenge is also at the heart of the highest concentration of crop circles seen anywhere in the world? Each year during the summer months, huge elaborate designs and patterns appear, as if by magic, in the golden fields of Wiltshire